Matt's Fish Blog

This is the story of the 12 goldfish I bought for a dollar at the fish store.

Saturday, August 07, 2004

Day One

Day one, me and my cousin V were bored waiting to get picked up, when we decided to buy some fish. There was a Fish store across the street from the mini golf and we walked in. We had agreed we would both buy a fish, my cousin V originally wanted a nice fish, but he found out it would be too expensive to keep it alive, so we both got 12 goldfish for a dollar, we split the cost of the 3 dollar food (cheapest they had.)

We walked out, and my cousin B was upset we actually bought the fish. My cousin V was happy he got extra fish because the guy in the fish store said he could keep the fish if he saved them by picking them off the floor, he named the one he saved Lucky. I was happy one of my fish was large with a cool black stripe on his back, he looked like he owned the bag the fish were in, I named him Samuel Jackson, cause he is a bad mother fish.

My mom, and my aunt picked us up shortly after we bought the fish, my mom obviously did not approve, my aunt didn't care about V's fish as long as he didn't spill them in the car.

Below is a picture of my fish in the bag......



Once home I asked if I could put the fish in one of my mom's Tupperware bowls, she said no because the fish will want to see out, and suggested a glass bowl we never use.

Pictured below is the glass bowl I choose.....



Once in the bowl, I decided I needed a way to stop the fish from jumping out and committing suicide, so I surrounded the sides with saran wrap (the middle is open for air.) I then decided to put some rocks at the bottom a few leaves, and some food to make it homey.

Below is a picture of the fish bowl after I finished....



Meanwhile, tragedy has struck, one of my cousins fish has died. Still in the bag, he is not moving sitting at the bottom, we poked him, nothing happened, we all concluded that he has died.

5 Comments:

At 5:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i think that if you diddnt know how to look after the fish you shouldnt have got them you should have waited but you tried your best and the man in the petshop did not know nothing about fish

 
At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

searching around bloggers can get tiresome but every once and a while you stumble into a blog thats quite interresting thats all i have to say for now , keep blogging.

northern pike fishing trip

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u dim bat u shouldnt have bought em :

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an excellent and very interesting post.
I write to inform that I referred part of the text of its post, in my Blog Encounter.

 
At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very interesting read. keep it up

www.homefishaquarium.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home